Monday, October 4, 2010

Lucid Acid

We shared a long kiss, and for the first time, it was sour.
Not the figurative our-love-is-dead sour, but the literal you-ate-dead-grapefruit sour.  You had the higher ground and I was struggling against gravity to evade acidic saliva.

Despite the taste, I still loved kissing you and waited for the moment to end before informing you.  In another part of the same dream we were laughing and running through winding tunnels of color until we found a place where no one could see and we could be ourselves.  You smiled at me.

Out of nowhere, Matt Lang appeared at the tunnel's opening.  We had been followed.  This wasn't the first time Matt had walked unannounced/uninvited into tonight's subconscious belly, and I remember shaking my head at him and thinking, Next time I see you in the waking world, I'm gonna get you back for ruining my otherwise romantic dream.

2 comments:

  1. im 773 too! saw ur little dragon video! very cool, im actually a writer and artist my self! as well as a drummer... nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I am about an aeon late in my response... Excuse me!)

    Thanks for checking out my LD video. What kind of work do you do? Please send me a message, I'm interested in hearing about your artistry.

    ReplyDelete